However, using the patented John Marshall be-a-successful-artist-thesis-finding-technique, you TOO can have a killa-dilla thesis.
Here’s how it goes.
- Pick what is the most important to you about your project. Write it on the middle of a huge piece of paper.
- Mind-map the shit out of it. Go here (http://www.mindmapping.com/) if you are unfamiliar with them.
- Spend a while on this. Grab randoms to help you out. Get teachers in there. Grab a kid (one you know and haven’t abducted) and get them to help.
- Awesome. You’re done with the map. Now pick your favorite 7 words from the map.
- Fit those words into these sentences
I am exploring/investigating……
I will do this by…….
- VOILA! You’re articulate.
I am exploring ocean ecological issues and narrative. I will do this by designing a graphic novel that addresses environmental concerns and provides incentive for change.
Much better than the usual word vomit.